Friday, January 28, 2011

Brazil Leadings (Parte Quatro)

As the internship deadline drew close, I was still waiting for a decision from YWAM and being somewhat barraged about pursuing backup plans.

On November 15, 2010, I wrote:

"Last weekend, Elias and I went to Chicago to visit some friends and see a 116 Clique concert. The pastor of the church we went to was teaching on Mark 6:45-52 where Jesus walks on water. He addressed something that had never jumped out before. It says that 'he (Jesus) made his disciples get into the boat and go before him to the other side' while he went off to pray. A storm arose and it says that 'he saw that they were making headway painfully, for the wind was against them.'

Jesus sent them into a storm that they couldn't get out of. They still persevered and painfully made headway. Sometimes we have to painfully make headway with what we feel God leading us into and wait for Him to act.

That sermon was very encouraging and it seemed confirming that I need to continue on making headway with Brazil as I feel that is what God has directed me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment