Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Brazil Leadings (Parte Duas)

"Thursday night October 14th. God spoke to me at BASIC (a large group worship gathering at UNI). The songs were about trusting and not fearing, two big things with me right now. I went in trying to keep my heart and mind open for anything God might want to communicate to me. The speaker shared a story about running the Chicago Marathon and how he hadn't adequately trained for it and had to walk the last ten miles. I felt God was telling me to get back to work on studying Portuguese for I would be in Brazil and God doesn't want me to have to walk it, but rather 'run with endurance the race set before me.' The night ended with the song 'Solution' by Hillsong United, which had been kind of the anthem for me going to Brazil in the summer, a song God really used last year to move my heart in that direction."

Only You can mend the broken heart
And cause the blind to see
Erase complete the sinners past
And set the captives free
Only You can take the widows cry
And cause her heart to sing
Be a Father to the fatherless
Our Savior and our King
We will be Your hands, we will be Your feet
We will run this race
In the darkest place, we will be Your light
We will be Your light

-Solution, Hillsong United

No comments:

Post a Comment