Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tres Coisas



I realized that I have less than 30 days here at Casa Luzeiro in Brasil, and I thought some reflection would be good as I enter the final month.

The first thought that stood out was that it isn't what I do that God desires foremost. He desires me and my heart and who I am. The actions will flow out of who I am.
Just because I have followed God here doesn't result in me being in a perpetual state of obedience and pleasing Him. I still need Him, and seemingly, need Him even more than ever because of being in intensive ministry. It can be easy for me to be impatient, selfish, prideful, and these diseases can manifest themselves just as easily here as in 'normal' life.

The next thing that ties in with that thought is that 'normal' life doesn't have to be normal. Because our God is not a normal Being, He shatters any box we can try to put Him in and so our daily lives can and should be reflecting His activity in, through, and around us.

Third thing is that I have seemingly lost importance on the practice of prayer. I have sectioned that off to prayer times, and many times they are scheduled when I have little energy to even think straight. I need to be in continual prayer as Paul wrote.

As I continue here, I desire to be abiding more in Christ and letting Him shine through me, rather than who I naturally am blocking or diffusing His light.


With Davidson and Marcelo
After speaking in a church

No comments:

Post a Comment