Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"Join Me"

Some background- it's Sunday morn, the congregation is singing some tunes, and then I hear God say to me 'Come, join me.' I take in the divine moment and think it's pretty cool and think to myself, 'Yeah, I'm going to join You, I'm going to join You later this summer where you've called me to Brazil.' And I give myself a pat on the spiritual back and return to singing songs.

Monday evening I'm walking back to the dorms and thinking that the frosted trees are looking pretty sweet and then it hits me. I (and you also) have been called to follow after Christ, not just following after Him in times and seasons of specific 'ministry' but everyday of our lives. I begin to wonder: what would it look like for me to follow after Christ in my everyday life? What if I walked into the dorms following in the footsteps of Christ who is present in all situations? What if I followed after Him into my dorm and focused on Him during my interactions with my roommate-brother and the others I run into each day? What if I followed after Him and sat down behind Him in class? While driving? While eating? While alone? I believe if I (and we) began to truly do that, we would see a world seeing Christ in us and we would be able to come to a grasp firsthand of how the early Church was labeled as 'little Christs.'

Trebuchet Font is some pretty cool stuff

1 comment:

  1. Cool thoughts, Drew!
    So, you've started a blog.
    It will be interesting to peruse your ideas.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete